June 12, 2010

New House. The Second Thing I Love.

The second thing I love about our new house is that I got rid of this Texas orange paint in the dining room. Now is it back to normal!


After fighting with painters tape, Frog Tape to be exact, I figured out that the molding in here is some sort of composite material that NOTHING will adhere to. I had such high expectations for Frog Tape and was discouraged until I used it in the casual eating area and it worked wonders. I ended up cutting in by hand (yikes!) in the dining room and on all the floor boards. A little trick to get it nice and even: Drop a little bead of paint along the top of the baseboard when you are cutting in. It's a little trick I learned from a professional painter as a great way to cut in by hand and not have to worry about the shakes.


See...looks like home! This is Behr Brown Teepee. It's a great - warm - taupe.


And more fresh flowers from the garden - day lilies - I hope I can keep them alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment