July 19, 2010

New House. New Office and Workspace.

We are FINALLY settled in to the new house which means I am FINALLY settled in to my new office. My old space was a small antique library desk – the size of a postage stamp. I was really hoping for a new house with enough bedrooms to use one as a true office and workspace. 

So, without further adieu, here is the new workspace for ALSD. I still have a lot to do, but I am super proud of my handy work. I built this all by myself! You can see where I got the idea... from one of my favorite blogs, Young House Love who also got this idea from another fav blog of mine, Tart House.



The square bookcases are from Target - actually listed online for more than they are in the store. The table tops are flat panel doors which I painted white. I secured everything with 2x4's in the wall (which you can see a bit of on the far right of the desk). Chair is from Ikea. I am still working on cable management and the best layout, but so far I am very pleased with the set up. This paint is Behr's Pale Lemon - the perfect and perky shade for an office.

I also have some fun coming your way for the meeting room downstairs - yard sale furniture - and it's awesome. All I need is for my chair cover to be ready, and I can do the big reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment