April 16, 2010

Reality TV in Nashvegas.


 I've never really been one to want to be on TV, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to help out a friend. I hinted at the fun in Monday's post. My dear friends at The Bride Room were asked by TLC's What Not to Wear to provide their AMAZING gowns & models for an ambush they put together for local wedding florist, Brocade Designs. The idea was that there would be a fake bride, fake wedding party, fake groom and fake wedding. All to surprise their victim, who thinks this Monday wedding is for a bride and groom who will be separated days later by the groom leaving for Iraq - hence the Monday wedding at the Hermitage Hotel.


The modeling segment was not done, so who knows if I will make the edited version. Let's just say there is opportunity cost in everything! (and I could really go off on that - TLC didn't have much respect for the models who took off work, got baby sitters and sat around all day without having the couth tell us we wouldn't be a part of it - instead they avoided our questions.) I needed to leave before they filmed the final segment, so I may not get my 15 minutes of reality tv fame. But, I digress...

As the bridal party takes their places, the bridal march started and no one walks down the isle - it gets REALLY awkward. THEN, Stacy enters as the bride, {She was a hoot} to make the surprise. I kept thinking, what if the joke is on me? I would have died. Really. If it were me. not that I think I need a makeover.

Some pictures of the beautiful mock bridal party and the Hermitage Hotel. What a great day for a makeover.

Gown: Monique Lhuillier
Maids: Lela Rose
Tuxedo's: Street Tuxedo 
Photo credit: From Street Tuxedo

The Fake Wedding!!!
Photo credit: Street Tuxedo

Isn't the Hermitage Hotel Beautiful?!?
Photo credit: Street Tuxedo

The four episodes they filmed in Nashville will air sometime in September. I can't say enough how much The girl's at The Bride Room and the crew at Street Tuxedo are an asset to Nashville's bridal community. They are, indeed, the cream de la cream of bridal fashion in the music city.

No comments:

Post a Comment