April 22, 2010

Around the House Shower Pics.

This turned out to be a great party - perfect weather, perfect food, perfect couple. The food was AMAZING. My parent's friends are great cooks! We had ham and Sirloin Tip Roast with Horseradish Sauce for little sandwiches, potato salad, cole slaw, 7-layer dip, fruit, chicken ball, relish plate and a Marinated Cheese Platter - which I am working on getting the recipe for - it was delish! All the food was inside, while the party was outside. Dad brings his Jimmy Buffet Margarita Machine everywhere.



The completed dessert table...


We had vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. The strawberry went first, surprisingly. M&M's, Heath bar, Reese's Pieces, sprinkles, Oreo, nuts, cherries, chocolate and caramel were our toppings. We did Twix and Cupcakes as well - the bride's favorite. The cupcakes turned out so great. I got the black and white mini cupcake liners from Cupcake Social online through Artfire.com. I had leftover white cake mix and bought pink sprinkles. Mom and I iced the cupcakes just before the shower.

After socializing, dinner and dessert, we opened gifts. this I thought was hysterical!



They walked away with some great stuff! Including an ice cream maker, ice cream bowls...you see the trend? It is a well know fact that my brother loves the stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment